Teaching Idea - Stamps


Sometimes the simplest things excite students and enhances their interest in something they do daily.
Today’s example is centered around stamps.

We focus on different forms of writing throughout the year and when we look at letters my used stamp collection comes out of the writing box.
We have been discussing and writing formal letters, informal letters, postcards and cards.

I have family overseas which means every birthday and holiday I get cards in envelopes with FOREIGN STAMPS. Exciting? I didn't really think so either but I put them out for publishing the class were fascinated.


 We discussed how stamps from different countries vary and made suggestions for how the images on stamps are decided. Some students were so interested they did some research on the internet. 



My favourites, as always, were the stamps the children made themselves using sticky labels and their knowledge of the landmarks and passtimes (and currencies) of different countries. 


Beautiful


MR

No comments:

Post a Comment